Monday, August 22, 2011

That's better... We're movin' on up!

We moved in to the "Master Suite" on Friday when our neighbor moved out.  Here's our new welcome sign from Tommy the Tech.  Personally, I just love this welcome better than "welcome Jacob" that we get each month..haha.  Tommy likes hanging out with Jacob because he watches a lot of guy stuff on TV.  We like Tommy.
Moving in to the bigger room is a big upgrade for us.  The room is just a little bigger than all the other rooms on the ICS unit, but the best part for me is the bed I get!  Just to put things in perspective, here's a picture of my old bed.  Believe it or not, these little chairs pull out to about 6 feet long for mom or dad to sleep on.  They get longer, but they don't get any wider...and they're not very soft either.  Here's what we slept on for the first 3 month long rounds of chemo:
That the seat pulls out and the cusion under pulls out more and then that top back part of the chair folds down to make it stretch out into a three part bed.  Hmmmm....comfy? You'd be suprised, when you're this tired - this thing is pretty darn good.

I had to go find an empty room to get this picture and turns out it was 4407. Well, since that's the first room we had here on the ICS floor and the one we were diagnosed in, it brought back a wave of memories and I had to get a picture of the room. Don't really know why, but I just wanted it... all these rooms are seriously, exactly the same (with the exception of my new master suite) - but the rest are all the same.  Somehow, for me, there's something unique about this one...it's hard to explain...nothing to compare that feeling of going back in to that room.  I just had to take the picture.

Now check out this room: It's really not that much different, but that couch in the back of the room makes ALL the difference!

Ya, that's my two boys sound asleep.  They snuggled together in Jacob's bed for a while, but Jericho didn't fall asleep 'till he was over on the couch.  Here's how that couch makes into a bed ( I know, this is boring stuff and you wanna hear about Jacob right? ...well this post is probly more for me & Jacob later on than for anyone else reading. I don't know why it matters to me, -just bear with me for a minute, I'll get more interesting soon. :)
Waaay better than that little green chair huh!!! Ya, I'm sleeping a lot better on this bed here at the hospital. -but just wait till I get home and post pictures of our new KING SIZE bed waiting for me in my bedroom.  YUP! We got a new bed for me and Josh.  We have been looking on KSL for weeks, basically ever since we moved in to the new duplex.  I found one that was in Cottonwood Heights and called on it just because it was the closest one and would be the easiest to transport.  Even though it was priced a little higher than some of the other ones and there wasn't actually a picture of the bed.  Well, we didn't get a chance to go look at it with all the business of getting ready for the transplant and when the guy called me back, I told him we wouldn't be able to do it this month and he could let it go to someone else.  I briefly told him why... Well, he called back about 15 minutes later after talking to his wife about us and insisted that he wanted to GIVE us the bed! I couldn't believe it...this was a total stranger who only heard a very short explanation of what we were going through.  After the yard sale, I had planned to find an affordable kingsize for us with some of the profit and now here he was with another donation that would bring us more comfort than he could ever realize.  Sometimes, God uses ordinary people to be his angels and this was one of those times. I really don't know how to thank him, except to thank God for His angels and the people in this world who live by the spirit.   It's seriously the best bed I have EVER slept on! (only had one night on it, but that's enough for me to know) I can't wait till we get home again...then I'll really be able to catch up on all the lost sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading our story. It means so much to me that people care enough to follow us and share in our journey through Jacob's treatment and recovery. Please know that I read every comment and I treasure every one! I may not have time to comment back, but I will keep writing and sharing our story.

Contributors