Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Welcome Back

I just love how they "welcome" us each time we come back for chemo.  The first time we were admitted, on diagnosis day, before we knew what we were up against, I remember the feeling when we saw this little note on the white closet door and thinking "how thoughtful for them to write his name on the board and welcome him".  It's not quite the same each time we come back although, it's still thoughtful. Today, I realized that everywhere I looked, on our way in the door, on the way up the stairs, on the elevator, and of course walking through those double doors of the ICS unit, were familiar faces.  I feel like we know everyone here and they sure know us now.  Jacob said on our way in today, as we passed the security desk without any questions and were sent straight upstairs without even having to check in or register..."I don't know what I would do if we had to change hospitals now, I know this place so well and it feels like I know everybody here."  Sad, but also really great.  Primary Children's Hospital is an amazing place and a blessing.  We love this place, even though it represents the hardest thing we have ever had to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading our story. It means so much to me that people care enough to follow us and share in our journey through Jacob's treatment and recovery. Please know that I read every comment and I treasure every one! I may not have time to comment back, but I will keep writing and sharing our story.

Contributors